I am seeking help to get rid of redirect virus in my Chrome.My page got continually redirected to Topfindings.net since yesterday I clicked a link attatched in an email from unknown sources. It is really annoying and I fear that it might steal my private information such as bank account or other account of social interaction apps. If there is someone know how to remove this, please reply. Your kindness is much appreciated.
Similar to other redirect viruses, Topfindings.net is also classified as a browser hijacker that used by cyber criminals to change the settings of people’s web browsers in order to display advertising, boost web traffic and make pay-per-link profits.Once Topfindings.net has been installed to the infected browser successfully, the Internet settings on the infected browser will be totally modified. Removing the Topfindings.net redirect virus is a complicated process, because not only the browser hijacker can change all default browser parameters, but also inject its malicious files on system or local disk to conceal its existent. Therefore we suggest you download a powerful removal tool to solve it! or you can also follow the manual approach provided below.
1. What is Topfindings.net?
Topfindings.net redirect virus means that a malicious code has taken over and modified the settings of your browser without your knowledge，with a lot of pop-up windows related to their other products flood into your browser, turning your surfing experience into a nightmare. This redirect virus is able to force users to visit its own domain frequently. In this way, the creator of the threat is able to generate traffic and obtain revenues with per-click-paid techniques on the specified site. In one word, the browser hijacker arises all the problems to get sponsored from the unsafe pop-ups. It is strongly suggested that you should not click on the pop-up advertisements or follow the wizards displayed on the aggressive site, or your computer may be invaded by more other cyber criminals like Trojans, ransomware, adware and so on and further damaged and compromised.
It is a completely untrustworthy website which aims to gain control of users’ web browsers. The address bar a compromised browser will reload in a flash, the user will be taken to other advertising sites – this is one of the most remarkable features of the browser redirect virus.
Most deceptive search engines claim to provide a quick and precise search result to users and enhance their browsing experience. But in fact their main goal is to link you to visit third party websites or specific sites so as to improve website ranking and increase website traffic. Thus, the developer of the malware may generate revenue.
In addition to constant redirection to unwanted websites, another malicious impact is changes to browser settings. They can be listed briefly as follows.
- Blocking access to certain functions (parts or all of the internet options screen, registry editor etc).
- Changing to reset (iereset.inf) file to prevent user being able to “reset web settings” within the internet explorer options screen.
- Automatically add sites to your “trusted zone”.
- Hijacking URL prefixes.
- Altering your winsock list of providers used to resolve domain names.
- Adding a proxy server so all your traffic could be intercepted.
- Altering your user stylesheet (normally used for visually impaired users), thereby changing the way websites appear.
If you don’t remove Topfindings.net browser hijacker and its related malware quickly, your browsing activities will always be interrupted by unwanted redirects and your private information might be in danger. You should take quick action to remove this browser hijacker without right away!
2. What are Some Ways Topfindings.net Gains an Entry to Your System?
- Vulnerable security system
A computer with no or weak malware removal program is exceedingly fragile to virus attack. For this reason, a variety of malwares are in a position to sneak into your system without barrier or filter. If your device is equipped with powerful anti-virus software, it will warn you when you try to visit a phishing website or download unknown software from unofficial platform. Also it will inform you when Topfindings.net attempts to alter your homepage default setting. Armed with no or incompetent anti-virus software will put your system into hazards.
- Careless operation
Malware developer always can contrive some tricks that lure innocent user into clicking their links or downloading their programs. In normal circumstance, those hijacking links or programs appear to be harmless or sometimes even beneficial from your perspective.
- Non-existent domain pages
The Domain Name System is queried when a user types in the name of a website (e.g. wikipedia.org) and the DNS returns the IP address of the website if it exists. If a user mistypes the name of a website then the DNS will return a Non-Existent Domain (NXDOMAIN) response.
3. Why Is Topfindings.net Hard to Remove?
For most users, Topfindings.net is rather hard to remove. No matter how they try to remove this browser hijacker from their browsers, it can come back again and again. Why? The reason is quite simple actually: a browser hijacker doesn’t have a visible and detectable program so that many common antivirus programs cannot detect and delete it. Users know that their computers get infected by a browser hijacker as they notice the change of the browser homepage. However, most antivirus programs can’t be so smart that they can recognize a browser hijacker by detecting the changes of browser settings. This is the main reason why users cannot completely remove a stubborn browser hijacker even though they have tried several antivirus programs.
4. Topfindings.net Removal Guide
This browser hijacker could get itself associated with some of the important system services which enables it work as a necessary operating system process. This makes it more difficult to locate and identify the malicious file on the infected system. Even if you are able to identify the malicious component, it can be a tough task to delete the file because the file is running as part of operating system file.
It is highly recommended running a smart malware removal tool to run a full system scan. If your current antivirus program can’t detect any traces of a browser hijacker, then you can try using the malware removal tool provided below:
Topfindings.net Manual Removal Instructions
End relevant process from Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to quickly bring up Task Manager Window：
- Users should check from Task Manager and see if there is any relevant process occupying the system resources and then end it immediately.
Remove related program from Control Panel
For Windows 7/Vista
- Start menu > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Now find out the threatening programs or something suspicious then click “Uninstall/Change” like below.
For Windows 8
- Click Charms bar > Settings > Control Panel.
- Search for “Uninstall a program” and click on it.
- Look for suspicious programs, select them and click “Uninstall”.
Remove Malicious Extension and Topfindings.net from Your Browser
Click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
Replace the URL of the browser hijacker and enter another web address that you want to set as home page under Home page in General tab.
Click on Apply and OK.
Click on the Tools icon at the top right corner of the Internet Explorer and select Manage Add-ons from the context menu.
Select Search Providers from list of Add-on Types.
If the dubious search engine is your current search provider, you need to select the other search engine like Google or Bing as default and then you are allowed to remove malicious search engine.
You can also check for unwanted browser toolbars or extensions in Toolbars and Extensions.
As long as you find any malicious item, select it and click on Disable.
If your browser homepage still gets redirected to unwanted websites, you may need to fix the browser shortcut manually.
Right click the shortcut of IE browser and select Properties.
Look at the Target field, delete everything following Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” and click on OK to apply the change.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click Menu > Options.
3. In General tab, delete the unwanted website URL and enter a new home page link.
4. Switch to Search tab, choose the unwanted search engine and click on Remove.
5. Click Menu > Add-ons.
6. Choose Extensions tab, click on Remove button to uninstall the unwanted browser extension.
7. Choose Plugins tab, choose Never Activate to stop the malicious plug-in from running.
8. Close the browser and restart it.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on More icon > Settings.
3. Click on Set pages under On startup.
4. A dialogue box with Topfindings.net will show up, delete it, then click OK.
5. Click on Change under Appearance.
6. You will see that the homepage as well as new tab page are set as the web address of the browser hijacker. Delete it and input a new web address you like and click on OK.
7. Click Manage search engines… Under Search you can find that your search settings are under control of unwanted search engine.
8. Make Google or other famous search engine as your preferred search engine before you delete the unwanted one.
Delete the malicious search engine from the list and click on Done.
9. Choose Extensions from the left pane, click on the trash bin icon to remove the unwanted search engine.
10. Close the browser and restart it.
Remove Topfindings.net with an Automatic Removal Tool
Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware, the effective remover of browser hijackers on your computer now.
Run the setup files after it has been downloaded successfully, and then follow the instructions to install Plumbytes Anti-malware on your PC.
You can change the default installation language on the top right corner. Click on the INSTALL button and the setup wizard will start.
When the installation is completed, this program will automatically update its database and perform a new scan for your computer system. It will scan through the whole computer for all kinds of potential malware threats.
You can browse the details of scanning results while the scan is in process.
The time for completing the scan depends on the particular condition on individual computer system. After the scanning gets finished, all detected threats will be marked and you can remove them all by simply clicking on the “REMOVE NOW” button.
If there are any safe programs being wrongfully flagged as malicious items and you want to keep them on your computer, you should deselect them before clicking the “REMOVE SELECTED” button.
Once the program finishes the removal, please restart your PC to make the change take effect.
Important Note: The free version of Plumbytes Anti-Malware only supports the malware scan. If you want to want to clean all detected threats, you need to buy its registered version.
Browser hijacker like Topfindings.net not only sabotages your browser settings, but also puts your computer at the risk of getting infected with other malwares by redirecting you to some phishing websites. There is no exaggeration to say that tolerating Topfindings.net at your computer is equivalent to exposing yourself to a pack of ready malwares. For this reason, we strongly and kindly suggest you remove this virus as soon as possible when it comes to you. If you don’t know how to remove it or you are worry that there are still plugins left in your computer, take the coupon and try the tool below!
5. How to Prevent Browser from Getting Hijacked?
- Ensuring that you have the latest and greatest version of your browser with all of the latest security patches applied, will help prevent many internet-borne attacks, especially the kind that exploit commonly unpatched vulnerabilities. Hackers are counting on you to be lazy and not patch your system.
- Use effective antivirus software’s “Realtime Protection” Feature which will alert you f something you’re installing attempts to modify your browser settings. It may also offer you the opportunity to prevent the changing of these settings.
- Read the agreement carefully before you install any software you downloaded from the Internet and opt out of Bundled Extras (if allowed).Because some browser hijacking software may come bundled with the legitimate software.
6.How ro Remove Video