I think I got a virus on my computer. No matter when I open my Firefox, Searchinme.com always appears in the browser’s address bar without any approval. What really annoys me is that the virus randomly redirects me to the suspicious webpage full of lots of annoying pop up ads and links. I don’t want this virus on computer. I navigate to Control Panel and want to remove any dubious programs but I can’t see the virus in the list of installed programs. How does Searchinme.com come into my PC and where does it installed? Anyone can guide me to clean the virus from my Firefox.
What is Searchinme.com?
Indeed, Searchinme.com is really something hateful we don’t want to keep on PC although it provides quick links to many favorite sites like Gmail, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Wikipedia, Pinterest, etc on its homepage. Convenience doesn’t mean that it is a useful and legitimate website that you can trust. Searchinme.com is not a virus; it is something more horrible – browser hijacker (A type of malware). Usually, browser hijacker is created by hackers or cyber criminals to modify a web browser’s settings without any permission and inject tons of unwanted advertising into your browser. In addition, you may experience the following behaviors:
- Replace the default homepage, new tab, startup page, search engine with http://searchinme.com/
- The loading speed of your webpage will be extremely slow.
- Multiple toolbars are added to your web browsers.
- Your search result pages may be covered with a lot of annoying pop up ads and links.
- Modify all your browser shortcuts by adding its malicious link to the target field.
Why You Should Remove Searchinme.com?
Browser hijacker is not simple but a malicious program. Some browser hijackers may contain spyware which is mostly used for the purpose of tracking and storing users’ activities on the web and serving lots of nettlesome pop up ads to users. Clicking any of them may redirect you to more ad sites or pernicious websites. In most cases, spyware is typically hidden in your computer that is difficult to detect by common antivirus software. What’s worse, some may install keyloggers and rootkits programs to gather users’ personal information including login password, bank or credit account information, email authentication details. Browser hijacker like Searchinme.com is designed for malicious purposes at any times. The browser hijacker can also interfere with your browsing activities by installing many additionally unwanted programs. In short, a browser hijacker always can take a full control of your web browser and display or change what it wants whenever you browse the web.
Do you have difficulty in removing Searchinme.com manually? If so, please download and use an exclusive malware removal tool that can easily detect and remove browser hijackers.
How Does Searchinme.com Enter PC & How to Avoid?
Searchinme.com may be installed via infected emails, spam email attachments, a file sharing, malicious links, or drive-by download. However, the most common way to distribute malware is bundled with freeware. To avoid malware infection, you should read user agreement carefully and be cautious for freeware downloads. We mean that you should download free software from its official site or reputable sites. When installing the free software, never quickly skip the installation process and select Advanced or Custom option. Be sure never accept any special offers to install additional unknown programs. In addition, never agree the terms to change your default homepage and search engine to another unknown one or install extra unfamiliar apps. Such modification is suspicious and is not relevant to the freeware installation. Most of these changes may be closely to the installation of malicious programs.
Instructions to Remove Searchinme.com Quickly and Completely
We are happy to guide you to quickly and completely remove Searchinme.com from your computer. Here, we offer you two effective ways to get rid of this browser hijacker. One is the manual removal method, the other is the automatic removal way. You can choose the way that most suits you. Please follow the removal guide below to remove Searchinme.com right now！
Method 1: Run Plumbytes Anti-Malware to automatically remove Searchinme.com (Easy, fast & complete)
Plumbytes Anti-Malware is an excellent anti-malware program that protects your computer with special care. It can detect and remove annoying browser toolbars or extensions, spyware, browser hijackers, ad injects and other types of malware. It can also restores your hijacked browser, search engine, and home page, and constantly monitors your computer’s security. If you fail to remove a certain malware threat, you can contact the technicians who provide 24/7 live technical support for you. They will help you remove any kind of PC threat.
Click the button below to download Plumbytes Anti-Malware on your computer now.
Run the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully, and then follow the instructions to install Plumbytes Anti-malware on your PC.
You can change the default installation language on the top right corner. Click on the INSTALL button and the setup wizard will start.
When the installation is completed, this program will automatically update its database and perform a new scan for your computer system. It will scan through the whole computer for all kinds of potential malware threats.
You can browse the details of scanning results while the scan is in process.
The time for completing the scan depends on the particular condition on individual computer system. After the scanning gets finished, all detected threats will be marked and you can remove them all by simply clicking on the “REMOVE NOW” button.
If there are any safe programs being wrongfully flagged as malicious items and you want to keep them on your computer, you should deselect them before clicking the “REMOVE SELECTED” button.
Once the program finishes the removal, please restart your PC to make the change take effect.
Method 2: Manually Remove Searchinme.com by following the steps below. (Time-consuming)
Searchinme.com will quickly add its malicious link to your browser shortcuts as soon as it enters your computer. Thus, every time you launch your web browser, it can redirect you to its homepage no matter you are willing to visit or not. To get rid of this browser hijacker, the first step you should do is to delete the pernicious link from browser shortcuts to avoid redirection problem.
Fix IE shortcuts
- Right-click the IE shortcut on your Desktop or Taskbar, then select Properties.
- In the Target filed, delete everything after .exe” and then click Apply > OK button.
Fix Chrome shortcuts
- Right-click Chrome shortcut on your Desktop or Taskbar and select Properties from the list.
- In the Target field, remove everything after .exe, then click Apply > OK button.
Fix Firefox shortcuts
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on Desktop or Taskbar and choose Properties.
- Delete everything behind .exe in the Target filed, then click Apply > OK button.
Once your browser is hijacked by Searchinme.com, it means that your browser has been completely controlled by this browser hijacker. It is possible that lots of malicious plug-ins have been added to your browsers. So you’d better remove all the suspicious plug-ins or extensions from your browser.
If you are using IE, please follow the guide below to remove Searchinme.com plug-ins step by step.
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then select Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, find out any suspicious plug-ins and then click Disable button to terminate them.
For Chrome user
- Click the Chrome menu and then select More tools > Extensions.
- Search for any dubious extensions and click the trash bin to delete them.
For Firefox user
- Click the Tools menu and select Add-ons from drop down menu. (Or click Firefox menu at the upper right corner of and choose Add-ons.)
- After a window pops up, look for unwanted add-ons and click Remove button to disable them.
Remove malicious homepage from IE
- Click the gear icon located in the top right corner and select Internet options.
- Remove the malicious homepage http://searchinme.com/and type a preferable web address as your new homepage or choose Use new tab. Then click Apply > OK button.
Change your default search engine
- Click the gear icon again and select Manage add-ons from the list.
- In the opened window, click Search Providers on the left bar. Since Searchinme.com has hijacked your default search engine, so you need to choose a desired search engine as you default such as Google. Then get rid of the suspicious search engine by clicking Remove button.
Remove unwanted startup page and homepage (Searchinme.com) from Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu and choose Settings.
- Click Set pages link under On startup.
- Delete the malicious startup page http://searchinme.com /by clicking X icon. Then you can type a desired web address as your new startup page and click OK button.
- Return to Settings window, click Change link under Appearance.
- Delete the unwanted homepage http://searchinme.com/. Then you can type another page as your new homepage or choose Use the New Tab page and click OK button.
Change your default search engine
- Keep staying on the Settings page, find out Manage search engines button and click it.
- When a dialog box pops up as shown below, select Google or other reliable one as your default search engine, then remove Searchinme.com search engine. After that, click Done button.
Remove Searchinme.com homepage from Firefox
- Click Tools menu and select Options.
- In the Options window, remove the malicious homepage http://searchinme.com/. Then you can enter another web address as your new homepage.
Change your default search engine and remove unwanted one
- Stay on Options page, switch to click Search tab on the left bar. Under Default Search Engine, click the inverted triangle icon to choose your favorite search engine such as Google.
- Then scroll down, search for the malicious search engine from the box and click Remove button to eliminate it.
- Click IE menu and select Internet options.
- Click Advanced tab at the top right corner and then click Reset button.
- When a dialog box pops up, check Delete personal settings and click Reset button.
- Click Close button after a message box pops up.
- Click Chrome menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings link.
- Then continue to scroll down to the bottom and click Reset settings button.
- After a window pops up, click Reset button.
- Click Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Refresh Firefox in the opened window.
- When a message box appears, click Refresh Firefox button.
To quickly and completely get rid of stubborn browser hijacker Searchinme.com, the manual removal method is not adequate to wipe out all of its traces and the malicious programs brought by it. If you miss any baleful components, this hateful browser hijacker may hijack your browser again. To avoid unnecessary troubles, it is highly recommended that you invest a powerful malware removal tool that can quickly detect Searchinme.com and permanently remove it from your computer without leaving nay traces.
Here are some security tips you should keep in mind:
1) Never visit malicious websites where may conceal lots of rogue programs.
See the link below to know about the dangerous places on the web:
2) Do not open spam-mails sent from unknown sources. See the link below for more about spam:
3) Download freeware only from official website or reliable sources. Shady websites often add malicious programs to free software. After you install the freeware, lots of unwanted programs will be installed on your computer as well.
4) Always select Advanced or Custom installation when installing software and uncheck any unknown programs under these two options.